With home prices on the rise and buyer demand still strong, some sellers may be tempted to try to sell their homes on their own rather than using the services of a real estate professional.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation while, in most cases, the seller is not. Sellers must realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
Here is a list of just some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to For Sale by Owner (FSBO):
- The buyer, who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent, who solely represents the best interests of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The termite company, if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender, if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser, if there is a question of value
- The title company, if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality, if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer, in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling
The percentage of sellers who have hired real estate agents to sell their homes has increased steadily over the last 20 years. Meet with a professional in your local market to see the difference that he or she can make for you during the selling process.
The multiple listing information is provided by Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Miami Association of Realtors, and Regional Multiple Listing Service from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual are (c) 2020. All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawl. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate, and should be independently verified.
Property locations as displayed on any map are best approximations only and exact locations should be independently verified.
Lifestyle, neighborhood, and school data ("Supplemental Data") is provided by the operator of this website as a convenience to users. This Supplemental Data is not provided or reviewed by RAGFL,RAMB, and RMLS Combo Market . The operator of this website updates the Supplemental Data from time to time, but it does not represent, warrant or otherwise promise that the Supplemental Data is current, free from defects, or error-free. All Supplemental Data is provided AS IS with all faults. Users are encouraged to consult their own data sources to confirm the accuracy of all Supplemental Data before using the Supplemental Data as a basis for any decision. Complete list of data sources.